We have participated in numerous pediatric congresses to divulge the results of our experience with the DOC band®, as well as publishing articles directed at parents and are presently campaigning to get the Health Services and academic organisations more actively involved.
Today, we feel it is time to renew our web site so as to include more of the experience accumulated after the treatment of hundreds of patients with the DOC band®. Unlike the earlier version, the information given here is intended to be less aimed at promoting the technique and more direct, whilst keeping our emphasis on a scientific and informative base.
Our idea is to make it easier for parents to access unbiased information so as to be able to roughly diagnose their baby’s head shape, by reading the information given and comparing the photographs of a variety of cases.
You will learn to identify what can be considered normal and that which is not. How simple posture changes can avoid plagiocephaly and assuming that the diagnosis indicates that it is too late to expect the condition to improve by itself, how orthopedic treatment can help to remedy the deformity.
It is our aim to:
- help parents by giving scientific information.
- involve everyone in preventing plagiocephaly appearing.
- get treatment started at the earliest possible age and in the best possible way.
- avoid long-term physical and neurological side-effects.
- reach out to society in general and pediatricians to promote early diagnosis and treatment of plagiocephaly and craniosynostosis.
- offer early surgical treatment according to the latest techniques for craniosynostosis and craniofacial syndromes.