Treatment of cranial deformities in babies
Experts in diagnosis and treatment of cranial deformities in infants. More than 35 years of experience and more than 4,000 successfully treated cases.
What are the main cranial deformities?
- Plagiocephaly, the most frequent deformity which is characterized by by flattening usually on the right or left side of the back of the skull.
- Brachycephaly, this deformity usually flattens the entire back of the skull.
- Scaphocephaly, a fairly common deformity in premature infants that results in a tall, narrow skull.
- Craniosynostosis, cranial deformities due to poor closure of a cranial suture.
- Other cranial deformities caused by disease, tumors or trauma.
- Complex deformities, in which several simple deformities are added: brachiocephaly+scalocephaly,…obstetric deformities, and
We have Health centers in Spain, Portugal and France with the best specialists in diagnosis and treatment.
Patients up to 2 years of age, treatment average duration 4 months
Before and after 4 months of treatment
Before and after treatment
Not sure what deformity your baby has?
If you want to know more about how to identify if your baby has brachycephaly, plagiocephaly or scaphocephaly , this guide will help you distinguish the main distinguishing features of these cranial deformities.
You're not alone.
Today, almost one in two babies (47%) is affected by some form of plagiocephaly. Fortunately, it is treatable. All information on prevention.
The treatment of cranial deformities with the linear elastic orthopedic DOC Band® was initiated in the United States in 1976 and since then more than 300,000 cases of infants with plagiocephaly and other cranial deformities have been successfully treated worldwide.
Our team is part of Cranial Technologies Inc. since 1988 when we opened 2 centers in Spain to provide solutions to cranial deformities and malformations of babies in our country.
Experts in cranial deformities
Dr. Joan Pinyot, pediatric surgeon and orthopedic technician, and his medical team are trained at the Cranial Technologies Inc., USA center.
Plagiocephaly, brachycephaly, scaphocephaly, craniosynostosis
There are different types of craniofacial deformities that can affect the newborn and the infant of a few months
Treatment with DOC Band®
First dynamic cranial orthopedic band worldwide. Treated more than 300,000 cases of plagiocephaly and other deformities and more than 600 post-surgical cases
We treat cranial deformities in babies up to 2 years old
Cranial Technologies Inc. does not have a unique type of band, but manufactures a different band tailored to each unique patient.
DOC Band® is made of a plastic material, it is light, does not cause allergies and is very well tolerated by pediatric patients. Its use must be daily and constant.
DOC Band is comfortable and light, patients adapt from the first day.