Experts in the diagnosis and treatment of skull deformities with DOC Band® method
The DOC Band® orthopedic helmet is actually an orthopedic helmet used for the treatment of cranial deformities:
1. Short and effective treatment. 4 months average duration, only 12.5 cases require a second band (passive bands use double or triple bands for similar cases)
2. The only device with clinical studies that demonstrate its safety and efficacy.
3. The only proven device that corrects the alignment of the cranial vault (top of the head) and the base of the skull (ear and face).
4. Visible improvement in the first 2 weeks. Unlike passive therapy devices, the DOC Band® headgear applies active corrective pressure to redirect growth and reshape the baby’s head.
5. First FDA-approved cranial orthosis for the treatment of plagiophalia.
6. Calculates the correct corrective forces and optimal growth for your baby’s bracelet with our exclusive computer program.
7. Light orthosis that respects the development of the child .
8. 3D images. 3D photos will be taken at the start of treatment, during treatment, and at the end of treatment.
9. More than 35 years of experience. Meet our team.
The incidence of cranial deformities in infants is quite frequent.
According to Aliyah Mawji, RN, of the Canadian Paediatric Society, in her article “The incidence of positional plagiocephaly: a cohort study” published in the
American Academy of Pediatrics. “The incidence of plagiocephaly in infants aged 7 to 12 weeks has been estimated at 46.6 %. Of the total number of infants with plagiocephaly, 63.2 % were affected on the right side and 78.3 % had a mild form. “
The DOC Band® orthopedic headgear (also known as a plagiocephaly headgear) exerts customized corrective pressure to redirect the natural growth of your baby’s head to a normal head shape.
The orthopedic helmet is worn 23 hours a day, every day, and can achieve visible improvement in as little as two weeks. Depending on the pathology, treatment requires regular adjustments to the headgear to direct head growth and keep your baby on track for optimal results.
Doc Band® is an orthopaedic helmet that has been scientifically proven to be effective. Here are the scientific articles:
In addition, Dr Pinyot and his team have more than 35 years of experience and have treated over 4.000 cases of skull deformities.
The DOC Band® orthopedic headgear is lightweight and custom-fitted, resulting in little or no adjustment period for most infants.
Every baby is different and it is important for parents to allow their child to get used to the orthopedic helmet, even if he or she is fussy at first.
The length of treatment will depend on your baby’s age and the severity of the condition.
Initiating treatment between 4 and 6 months of age (a period of rapid head growth) has been shown to reduce total treatment time, although marked improvement can be achieved by using the band up to 18 months of age. . Most treatments last between 6 and 16 weeks .