When we refer to a helmet for plagiocephaly, we actually mean an orthopedic helmet for the treatment of cranial deformities.
1. Short and effective treatment. 4 months average duration, only 12.5 cases require a second band (passive bands use double or triple bands for similar cases)
2. The only device with clinical studies that demonstrate its safety and efficacy.
3. The only proven device that corrects the alignment of the cranial vault (top of the head) and the base of the skull (ear and face).
4. Visible improvement in the first 2 weeks. Unlike passive therapy devices, the DOC Band® headgear applies active corrective pressure to redirect growth and reshape the baby’s head.
5. First FDA-approved cranial orthosis for the treatment of plagiophalia.
6. Calculates the correct corrective forces and optimal growth for your baby’s bracelet with our exclusive computer program.
7. Light orthosis that respects the development of the child .
8. 3D images. 3D photos will be taken at the start of treatment, during treatment, and at the end of treatment.
9. More than 35 years of experience. Meet our team.
The incidence of cranial deformities in infants is quite frequent.
According to Aliyah Mawji, RN, of the Canadian Paediatric Society, in her article “The incidence of positional plagiocephaly: a cohort study” published in the American Academy of Pediatrics .
“The incidence of plagiocephaly in infants aged 7 to 12 weeks has been estimated at 46.6 %. Of the total number of infants with plagiocephaly, 63.2 % were affected on the right side and 78.3 % had a mild form. “
The DOC Band® orthopedic headgear (also known as a plagiocephaly headgear) exerts customized corrective pressure to redirect the natural growth of your baby’s head to a normal head shape.
The orthopedic helmet is worn 23 hours a day, every day, and can achieve visible improvement in as little as two weeks. Depending on the pathology, treatment requires regular adjustments to the headgear to direct head growth and keep your baby on track for optimal results.
The DOC Band® orthopedic headgear is lightweight and custom-fitted, resulting in little or no adjustment period for most infants.
Every baby is different and it is important for parents to allow their child to get used to the orthopedic helmet, even if he or she is fussy at first.
The length of treatment will depend on your baby’s age and the severity of the condition.
Initiating treatment between 4 and 6 months of age (a period of rapid head growth) has been shown to reduce total treatment time, although marked improvement can be achieved by using the band up to 18 months of age. . Most treatments last between 6 and 16 weeks .
The DOC Band® plagiocephaly helmet for plagiocephaly, actually an orthopedic helmet that is used for the treatment of. cranial deformities:
The main advantages of treating plagiocephaly and other cranial deformities in babies with DOC Band® compared to passive bands are:
The DOC Band® orthopedic band is made of a plastic material, is light, does not cause allergies and is very well tolerated by pediatric patients.
From 6 months of age, if the deformity has not been corrected with postural treatments, the only solution may be the cranial orthopedic band , orthopedic helmet or cranial orthosis.
Before 12 months is when the best results are obtained with the use of the DOC BAND corrective helmet.
In any case, if you observe any type of deformity in your baby’s head, go to your pediatrician or a specialist in the treatment of cranial deformities for a correct diagnosis and corrective treatment.
Its use must be daily and constant. It is only removed for bathing, grooming, neck exercises, and dressing.
It has 86 centers spread across America and Europe.
The DOC Band® orthopedic helmet (plagiocephaly helmet) is custom-made by our team of highly qualified individuals with both technical (engineering, computer design, machining) and artisanal (sculpture, blacksmithing, fine arts) backgrounds.
During the manufacturing process, no fewer than nine team members will be directly involved in the creation of your baby band. Unlike other orthopedic device companies, our manufacturing center is dedicated to producing a single product: the DOC band (plagiocephaly helmet).
Our Research and Development team continuously refines it. Our entire process is governed by an FDA-compliant quality system: Our advanced Digital Surface Imaging® system captures highly accurate 3D images that are used to create a precisely fitting custom band.
Our Sentient3D® software application was developed based on tens of thousands of plagiocephaly cases. The app calculates the proper corrective forces and unique product design each baby requires for optimal results.
Every DOC Band undergoes a rigorous 28-point quality inspection before leaving our manufacturing facility.